Bersa Pistol Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A brand-new 380 CC and it jams every time racking the slide. The shells are American Gunner XTP hollow points. It seems to be hanging up on the feed ramp. I don't have any FMJ ball ammo at this time, but I want to try that to see if it has the same problem. Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas. Common problem with new Bersa 380s. Most Bersa 380s will not feed JHPs when new. I would suggest that you run 250 to 400 rounds of FMJ through it then try the JHP rounds. Do no polish feed ramp, you could void your warranty. When I bought my first BT380 7 years ago I had the same problem, rounds caught on the feed ramp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. This gun is also very hard to disassemble and reassemble. Does it get any easier as the gun is broken in?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mornin Sharpshooter,
First off I have a 9UC.
When I have a weapon that don't work, I fix it. You can send it in to have it repaired, (they will polish the feed ramp), or you can waste a few hundred rounds running through it, which will wear down the feed ramp for you, or you could polish the feed ramp, if that is what the problem is and you like working on your own equipment.
If you send it in for repair, remember,, You are not sending it to the Bersa company, you are sending it to a company that works on any brand weapon that comes through their door. Some company's are good, some are not.

·
Registered
311 Posts
PS:
All that shinny part of my feed ramp is not what I did to it. That is from the rounds sliding over the ramp. If you decided to do it your self, all you need to polish is the edge and then you will only need to take off the thickness of a straight pin,, OR LESS.
""Don't over do it""

Reactions: RogueMyDog

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the tips. This gun is also very hard to disassemble and reassemble. Does it get any easier as the gun is broken in?
Sharpshooter your CC model is different than Hobbles gun. Your little 380 has part of the aluminum frame as the feed ramp. This aluminum ramp is hard anodized and if you polish it, you will destroy that hard surface and need a new frame to correct the damage. Besides, the issue could be your extractor or some other adjustment. Unless you are a certified gunsmith, it is far better to pay shipping and send up to the Gun Doctor to have the issue corrected. I personally used Reynersons and found them good. My first choice would be the the Gun Doctor and then Reynersons. Whoever you use could give you tips on how to dissemble and reassemble your pistol. I can tell you that on the standard model it is absolutely critical that the recoil spring end be at the 12 O'Clock position!

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
It sure does make a difference and I am not sure who originally posted it here or where they got it from but it was someone on this forum and it seems like a 100 years ago.

Tony

smilie_flagge13.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a new Bersa Thunder .380 Plus, and it is a jam-a-matic. Some are failures to feed, and others like Sharpshooter's are slide racking jams. I appreciated everyone's comments.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I have a new Bersa Thunder .380 Plus, and it is a jam-a-matic. Some are failures to feed, and others like Sharpshooter's are slide racking jams. I appreciated everyone's comments.
Welcome to Bersa Pistol Forum from the Lone Star State.
The BT380 plus is a nice little pistol and with a 15+1 mag capacity it makes a great defensive weapon. First I hope you cleaned your 380 plus carefully when you took it out of the box. Bersa puts a preservative on their pistols and it must be cleaned to remove the stuff, also clean your mags. Next you should use only FMJ for the first 200-300 rounds if you have not so yet before using JHP's for the break in period . Next what brand of ammo are you using, I use PMC and Herters FMJ but your Bersa should take just about anything you feed it. Reloads and re-manufactured ammo may depend where you get them from. Trying running 200-300 rounds thru your Bersa Thunder 380 plus and let us know what happens. Also do not load your mag to it max capacity, try 10 rounds for your range visits. Between range visits do load the mags to its capacity, they say it helps the mag spring adjust to the max load.
Good luck and let us know about your next range visit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi All, I just reciently purchased a Thunder 380 Plus and a 380CC. Now I'm not saying everyone should do this but this is what I did and I have no feed problems. The first thing I did was take them apart clean and polished every part from the trigger back including the feed ramp, heated and frog lubed the parts and reassembled. The Plus is a dream to shoot with no problems what so ever, the 380CC works great as long as I don't limp wrist it. If, I limp wrist it, it will fail to feed. I practice with MaxxTech 95 gr FML it's dirty but I don't mind cleaning my guns. (I polish the feed ramps on all of my guns)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts