WWII to Vietnam
Close

WWII to Vietnam

This is a discussion on WWII to Vietnam within the Old western and Military guns forums, part of the General Discussion category; Both in excellent condition and well over 70 years old. The Colt 45, even though in extremely good condition and fires an excellent grouping for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 9UC

Thread: WWII to Vietnam

9UC

WWII to Vietnam

Both in excellent condition and well over 70 years old. The Colt 45, even though in extremely good condition and fires an excellent grouping for SD distance, is more a safe queen than anything else. I keep a 9 UC with 147gr JHPs around to do what I would want the 45 to do. The 30cal Inland M1 Carbine is now in excellent condition and is my only rifle, so it's kept that way for possible SD use. It had been sportsterized, and it took me a year to find most of the original parts to bring it as close to original as I could. Had to get repro front site and left the 30 round mag release in place as I like using the larger mags.

I actually carried one of the M2 versions after I returned from Nam in early '69

Colt 1911A1 (1).JPG01-Inland M1 30 Cal Carbine (7) .JPG
    Last edited by 9UC; 01-29-2017 at 04:14 AM.
    Tony1990 likes this.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: VFW, DAV, VSPA, VVA, & NRA

Howdy 9UC, that 30cal M1 Carbine was the very first rifle I ever fired in my life, when I went thru Lackland AFB for my basic training that is what I learned to shoot. It was fun since no one was shooting back at me.
    Then I went on to be a B-52 mechanic in SAC.

Tony
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.

9UC
    Had to correct the first post as that was over 70 instead of 7. It was actually a fun rifle and I liked it better than the M-16, and carried one at my last assignment in Security Police prior to retraining to Military Pay. About the only thing I had to do with the Buffs was, I got to do EC for the B-52 and KC135 areas at Loring AFB, ME.

Stan
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: VFW, DAV, VSPA, VVA, & NRA

4. Remove Advertisements
    BersaPistolForum.com
    Advertisements

@9UC Both are a couple of beauties bud. Thx for the share.