Slide Catch Removal
Close

Slide Catch Removal

This is a discussion on Slide Catch Removal within the Gunsmithing forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hi everyone. I have my 9 UC Pro frame ALMOST completely stripped. For the life of me I can't find anywhere here, or anywhere else, ...

Slide Catch Removal

Hi everyone. I have my 9 UC Pro frame ALMOST completely stripped. For the life of me I can't find anywhere here, or anywhere else, a post, article or video on how to remove the slide catch (or the dissasembly lever either).
    Does anyone have any knowledge as to how I can remove the slide catch? Or, can you direct me to a post where someone has done so.

I am polishing out the frame and would love to get these two levers (slide catch and take down lever) off so that I can polish them and behind them. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

BTW, I have completely stripped and polished 3 other guns with success. Yes, this one is a bit more complicated, but really not by that much. Given the lack of available info, I am making drawings as I go, anotating where what goes. Once this is complete, I intend to share this info on this forum. Appears to be sorely needed!
    Last edited by BirdsThaWord; 12-28-2016 at 07:41 PM.

....... "Fear nothin but God"
    "You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." ~ John Quincy Adams

** Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet. **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BoU-tUmIUA

I had a vid of me doing these and the pictures were in order, but darn,, I can't find them. Hope these help.

De-cocker Slideshow by hobbles | Photobucket

Firing Pin Replacement Slideshow by hobbles | Photobucket
    ....... "Fear nothin but God"
    "You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." ~ John Quincy Adams

** Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet. **

4. Remove Advertisements
    BersaPistolForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks hobbles! I actually found your slide show before I found this forum. I did use your slideshow to get the safety/decocker off. Now if I could just find someone who has done the rest!
    Anyway, I'm making drawings as I go as to what came out of where and how it fit. Hope I can put her back together again! Attaching a pic of where I am with it so far. Lots of casting marks, wavey and grainy metal, so already have about 6 hours standing at the polishing wheel.
    image.jpeg