Thunder Plus
Close

Thunder Plus

This is a discussion on Thunder Plus within the Bersa Talk forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; Hello All, I am currently lugging a Glock 42 with a 2 round Mag. extension. I am considering going to a Thunder Plus for the ...

Thread: Thunder Plus

Thunder Plus

Hello All, I am currently lugging a Glock 42 with a 2 round Mag. extension. I am considering going to a Thunder Plus for the extra capacity. After looking at You Tube reviews all seems to be in order except a few reviews complained about pain in the web of the hand after shooting 50 or so rounds at the range. I’m not very recoil sensitive but did not enjoy putting 50 rounds down range with My Ruger LCR .38 snubby ! I have never shot a blowback design pistol so, can anyone describe what the reviewer’s are talking about and is it true? Thanks.

I have both the Glock 42 with extended mags and the Bersa Thunder 380 plus. Aside from the Glock being better supported by atermarket accessories, I will take the Bersa over it any day of the week. More rounds, simpler design, a very safe carry weapon, and simple to break down and clean. I believe the follow-up shots on the Bersa are more accurate due to it being a weightier handgun that deals with the recoil better. The Glock is thinner to carry, but the Bersa is less blocky in shape which reduces printing. I did replace the rubber grips on the Bersa Thunder plus with wood grips to make it just a little bit thinner. It will be noticeably thicker in the grip compared to the Glock. I have added a front night sight to the Bersa. Both are dependable. The Bersa is a better deal for the money in my opinion. If you prefer a single stack, check out the Bersa Thunder 380CC which carries one more round than the standard Bersa Thunder and is smaller. Bersa 380's are DA/SA, not striker-fired like the Glock. Different Strokes for different folks. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk