Preferred magazines for Bersa Thunder 380?
Close

This is a discussion on Preferred magazines for Bersa Thunder 380? within the Bersa Talk forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; What's the favorite magazine for the Bersa? I scoured the web and the only thing available was ProMag from ammoclip.com so I bought one for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Preferred magazines for Bersa Thunder 380?

What's the favorite magazine for the Bersa? I scoured the web and the only thing available was ProMag from ammoclip.com so I bought one for my first Thunder that I'll be picking up on Thursday. I loaded it to relax the spring a bit and was able to get 8 rounds in it. Interesting ... I'll have a range report and better photos sometime on Thursday.
    Tony1990 likes this.
    Mess with my First Amendment rights and get a quick lesson in my Second Amendment rights ...

I have never seen a magazine dedicated only to Bersa. I read a lot of Gun Magazines and at times they have info or stories on different type of Bersa weapons. These magazines and a couple of web sites like this one is where I get most of my info, If this PronMag magazine from ammoclip.com has a lot of Bersa info I would be very interested in reading it.
    Thanks
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.

From what I have read about the ProMag Bersa BT380 magazines, they tend to be "iffy". But even those with some tweeking will work. I also read one persons report that he has some and all are fine. If I were to see a couple for the BT380, I would buy them for range use to reduce wear on the O.E.M. I still want a second O.E.M.
    Too bad MecGar doen't make them.
    I have four ProMags for another weapon. Three have been fine. One misfed once, so they are all marked for Range duty only. (Duct tape on the bottom, marked #1, #2, #3, #4.)

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BersaPistolForum.com
    Advertisements

I have used ProMags in several other guns without incident. I just figured a ProMag spare was better than No spare mag. Good point on keeping the good stuff for carry duty.
    Mess with my First Amendment rights and get a quick lesson in my Second Amendment rights ...

Pro mags are a toss up . Sometimes if you order Bersa springs they will work . My self be only for range, never carry. Only factory for carry
    Willboat likes this.

I do have to say that we've had a lot of issues with the ProMag magazines causing stovepipes on the last round feeding. Not having the problem with OEM Bersa magazines. And, it makes no difference if you've got 5, 6, or 7 in the magazine, the ProMag likes to stovepipe that last one regardless. I'll not use them again. Better to spend the extra money for a dependable magazine.

I have a BT.380 and 3 mags, 2 Bersas and 1 Pro Mag. I had to clean weld spatter out of the Bersa mags to get them to work with out jamming. (wouldn't load the next to last round.) I have never had a problem with the Pro Mag at all. I did take it apart, clean it, then put a light coat of oil on it before I used it.

I have stuck to just using Bersa OEM mags to avoid the possibility of problems. I have 3 eight round mags for all-round use and I have 1 seven rounder (with the little pinky rest for ID) as I keep it loaded with +P SD ammo.
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gretschguy View Post
    ... Too bad MecGar doen't make them...
    MecGar does make an 8 round mag for the BT380. I have two of them, picked up one at a gun show and the other one at a local gun shop. Last I looked they weren't on the MecGar website, yet.

oooo. Nice to know. I had checked their web site, thats why I thought they didn't make them. I'll have keep an eye out for an 8 round model.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

bersa 380 magazine
bersa 380 thunder magazine
bersa magazines

bersa thunder 380 magazine

bersa thunder 380 magazines

bersa thunder magazines
magazines for bersa thunder 380
promag bersa thunder 380 magazines
Click on a term to search for related topics.