Bersa Pistol Forums banner

Shooting habits

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Catchsumair 
#1 ·
I have been shooting Guns for longer than I can remember and shooting my Bersa Thunder 380 for 6 years. I normally shoot with my left eye and now I am told that my right eye is my Dominant eye so I should shoot with my right eye. Guess I have been wrong all these years but I don't intend to change now unless it makes me shoot better. Anyone else shoots using their Dominant eye or not. Also do you shoot with both eyes open. Just wondering if I am really wrong as to how to shoot.
:confused:

#5 ·
I'm right handed and use a two handed "golf grip" for most shooting with both eyes open. However I do practice shooting one handed with both hands and while doing that I use the right eye for the right hand and the left eye for the left hand. Cover all your options because it may save your life....

#6 ·
Good point. Next week when I go to the range I will try shooting with my right eye and both eyes open. Just hope I don't put a few rounds in the target of the shooter next to me....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.