Bersa Pistol Forums banner

380 Plus Shooting low

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  clampit 
#1 ·
I just got a new 380 plus yesterday and went to the range today. I was shooting 3 inches low at 5 yards and lower at 7 yards. Good groups but just shooting low. I can't lower the front sight so my other option is to raise the rear sight by .074. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem. If so, how did you fix the problem. Thnks

#2 ·
Clampit, wow 3 inches low at 5 yards that is strange. There is no adjustment on my Bersa 380 to correct that problem but I don't know anything about a 380 plus. You may have to do a search on replacement sights for your 380 plus, a while back I saw an ad for night sights (the one with painted dots on the sights that glowed in dark) so there are replacement sights for sale.
Good luck, maybe someone else here may have a better answer for you.
Tony

#4 ·
Hi guys, I'm using sight picture #2. I figured out that I have to raise my rear sight up by .074 according to the formula. If I block out the notch on the rear blade it gets me pretty close to the desired measurement. Which is what I did. By doing so it seems easier for me to focus on the front sight. Now, I'm just waiting for the tritium inserts to come in so I can drill out the white dot on the front sight and place the insert. Once I get done with that I'll post pictures if I can remember how. I'm going to try to get to the range this week to try the new sight picture out. Just focusing on the front sight above the rear blade.

#8 ·
WOW!!!! Hold the phone, Boy did I have senior moment. I blocked the notch in the rear sight and held my front sight at the top of the rear bar like murphy to adjust for elevation. Resulting in shots that were 3" high. I removed the bar that I had over the notch and eased up on my grip. When I did this my shots were right on the mark as long as I used sight picture #3. I've been using #2 for over 50 years. I drive tacks with my CZ75 using #2. Also, apparently my grip would be someone else's death grip. So, as long as I ease up on my grip and use #3 on my Bersa I'll be good to go. Now for the hard part, I'll just have to remember that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.