Bersa 380 runs all but last three rounds and then failes to load. - Page 2
Close

Bersa 380 runs all but last three rounds and then failes to load.

This is a discussion on Bersa 380 runs all but last three rounds and then failes to load. within the Bersa Gunsmithing forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; Well - I totally cleaned the gun again, polished the ramp again (found a slight burr), disassembled the mags and cleaned them, and took it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bersa 380 runs all but last three rounds and then failes to load.

Well - I totally cleaned the gun again, polished the ramp again (found a slight burr), disassembled the mags and cleaned them, and took it to the range today. Ran PMC Bronze (suggested by another member) and ran four mags thru the gun back to back with no issues!!! I also concentrated on not limp-wristing it as suggested by someone else. As a hint: When I disassembled the mags I did so in a gallon zip lock bag. I had it fly apart once and like to never found the parts! It's a little awkward doing this in the bag, but SO much easier when I slip up and parts go everywhere!

Guys - thank you for your input!! I was giving up on this little gun and am so glad I did not!!

North Alabama USA - Huntsville / Athens / Decatur area
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubar View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I took my Bersa Thunder 380 Combat (single stack) and 380 Plus (double stack) to the range. I;ve never had any problems with either before.

The Plus worked fine, almost every round with the Combat failed. When I came out of the range the gunsmith had just come out of his "office" so I asked him if he would take a look, knowing the gun was at fault.

He put in 5 rounds of his ammo and all fired fine. Came out and asked for 5 rounds of my ammo (Fiocchi). Fired all 5 with zero problems. Came out with a smirk on his face and politely said "operator error". Turns out I was limp wristing the pistol. Went back the next week and kept a firm grip on the gun and had no problems.

Never happened before and hasn't happened since. Only thing I can think of as to why the Plus didn't do the same thing is because of the larger grip, must have kept better control of it than the Combat that day.

Buddy of mine has a FMK 9C1G2 9mm and he's been doing the same thing. I finally convinced him to "get a grip" and he's been shooting fine since.

Give it a try before you alter something or toss the pistol.
    Yep, quite often the problem is operator/user error ... me included vs the gun! Thanks for the reminder!!!
    Dubar likes this.

Using the two-handed approach, with the gun holding hand pushing forward and the bracing hand pushing rearward will also tighten up the whole muscular triangle that includes the pectoral muscles. That lateral "tripod", if you will, will also help stabilize the weapon for the next target reacquisition.

When firing with one hand, it isn't just the forearm muscles that me need to make a secure grip. We should also remember to tighten up our upper arm and shoulder muscles, as well. It's just that the two armed triangle, or however they refer to it, tends to do that automatically. Try that and report back in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12