recoil spring.
Close

recoil spring.

This is a discussion on recoil spring. within the Bersa Gunsmithing forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; This for new owners. of Thunder or CC pistols. Always install recoil spring with tight end on barrel. Also set other end of spring so ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: recoil spring.

recoil spring.

This for new owners. of Thunder or CC pistols. Always install recoil spring with tight end on barrel. Also set other end of spring so the end of spring at 12o'clock when reassembleing. I find easlier to reinstall slide.

A little confused. Which end of the barrel do you mean to put the tight end on. I'm assuming the rear (end nearest the grip).

Slide the tight end on first!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BersaPistolForum.com
    Advertisements

I did not notice much difference between the two ends. I suppose I could put a micrometer on them to see which is narrower, but I can't discern it with the naked eye, and I don't notice one end fitting over the barrel any easier than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by shipleyj View Post
    A little confused. Which end of the barrel do you mean to put the tight end on. I'm assuming the rear (end nearest the grip).
    the tight end goes on first then slide the spring on the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jcthomasva View Post
    I did not notice much difference between the two ends. I suppose I could put a micrometer on them to see which is narrower, but I can't discern it with the naked eye, and I don't notice one end fitting over the barrel any easier than the other.
    i do on my 380 thunder its very noticeable.maybe if your gun is new it doesn't show as much.not sure.the spring nearest the muzzle turn it so where spring begins straight up at 12 o'clock high.

I love my little Bersa 380 CC but, I am having difficulty removing the slide. My wrists and fingers are arthritic and the slide is very tight tto the frame on disassembly. Any suggestions? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by HGFM View Post
    I love my little Bersa 380 CC but, I am having difficulty removing the slide. My wrists and fingers are arthritic and the slide is very tight tto the frame on disassembly. Any suggestions? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    I have the same arthritis problem. Takes several tries before I can remove the slide from the used but like-new BT380 I just bought. There are a lot of Bersa videos on YouTube, so I'll search there to see if there's one that addresses this issue. I'll post the link here if I find one.

Do check the video on Bersa disassembly some are very good. I don't have any problems since I have done it many times now but I ALWAYS have trouble showing someone in person how to do it. It seems to me that it best to do it without thinking about it step by step. It may take a few times but you can do it.
    1- remove Magazine.
    2- check that there is not a bullet in the barrel.
    3- Holding the gun like you would for target practice push locking lever on the right side down with your finger and hold it there.
    4- with your Left hand push the slide back and at the same time with your Right hand push the gun forward as far as it will go. Two hands are better than one.
    5- lift the slide up and bring the slide forward and you are done.
    6- reverse the procedure to install the slide.
    I hope this helps and if you view one of the Video you should have no more problems. Remember to use both your hands since this will help with your arthritic hands.
    Good luck. Remember to always cleaning your gun after use even if you only fire a few rounds at the target range.
    Last edited by Tony1990; 01-01-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HGFM View Post
    This for new owners. of Thunder or CC pistols. Always install recoil spring with tight end on barrel. Also set other end of spring so the end of spring at 12o'clock when reassembleing. I find easlier to reinstall slide.
    Great tip, just disassembled my 95 and it was backwards. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

bersa 380 recoil spring
bersa 644 recoil spring

bersa recoil spring

bersa thunder 380 recoil spring

bersa thunder deluxe 380 recoil spring

bersa thunder recoil spring

bersa thunder recoil springs for sale
recoil springs for bersa thunder 380
Click on a term to search for related topics.