Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines?
Close

This is a discussion on Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines? within the Bersa Accessories forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; I wanted another magazine for my new Thunder 380 and couldn't find a 7-rounder anywhere. So for $18 I got a ProMag and have yet ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines?

I wanted another magazine for my new Thunder 380 and couldn't find a 7-rounder anywhere. So for $18 I got a ProMag and have yet to try it. Seems I remember some posting about a problem(s) with the Pro Mag mags? It is mainly to satiate my laziness at the range so I don't have to reload every 7 rounds!!!
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

Bersa lists them. THUN380BLMAG - Bersa Thunder 380 7 Round Matte Magazine
    They also list the extended 9 round mag. Magazines
    They are out of 8 round mags.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    I wanted another magazine for my new Thunder 380 and couldn't find a 7-rounder anywhere. So for $18 I got a ProMag and have yet to try it. Seems I remember some posting about a problem(s) with the Pro Mag mags? It is mainly to satiate my laziness at the range so I don't have to reload every 7 rounds!!!
    I had several non-Bersa magazines I got "off the rack" and I had nuthing but trouble with them. I threw them away and have had no more misfeeds with Bersa magazines. Now maybe there are non-Bersa magazines that are great but you will have to try them to check if they work. At $18 per magazine instead of $32 per magazine it would be great.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BersaPistolForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1990 View Post
    I had several non-Bersa magazines I got "off the rack" and I had nuthing but trouble with them. I threw them away and have had no more misfeeds with Bersa magazines. Now maybe there are non-Bersa magazines that are great but you will have to try them to check if they work. At $18 per magazine instead of $32 per magazine it would be great.
    That was my thinking. And the Bersa mags I got before were $35 each! This ProMag looks pretty good. All steel, follower and all, and made in the USA. A magazine that size and all looks like it should be pretty easy to make decent! I mean, how hard can it be? Gonna shoot it next week and see.
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gretschguy View Post
    Bersa lists them. THUN380BLMAG - Bersa Thunder 380 7 Round Matte Magazine
    They also list the extended 9 round mag. Magazines
    They are out of 8 round mags.
    The "standard" Thunder 380 is supposed to use only 7 round mags. No 8s but I think 9 is ok. I haven't seen any 9s so I'm sticking with the 7 round mags and just hope this all steel ProMag was a good deal at $18.
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

my 2 pro mags worked as targets better. Than in the gun. I now only use Bersa mags period.

I have couple of the 8 round CC mags and they work fine in my Thunder. I think its the CC mags their using in the new Combat Thunder.
    Last edited by bersastud; 06-30-2013 at 05:02 PM.

So far (around 50 rds) the ProMag magazine worked without issue. I used it last week and it seemed to be OK. In fact, so much so that I ordered a ProMag 6rd mag for my new (to me) Ruger LCP that I bought. Same deal, it was around $18 instead of the $22 for a Ruger OEM. Not as big of a price difference but I was curious to try another ProMag for future reference ....
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

I jusr purchesed a new Bursa 380 cc for my wife. I have a glock 26 that she feele is to large for hand, My son owns a Bersa pc9. She really liked the trigger on the Bursa, I'm having problems finding mags for it that a poor person can afford. Does anybody have any place that I could pick a couple them? Thanks in advance. John Scott Omaha,Nebraska I would like to save a few $. But if not we will just have to buy the $60.00 ones.
    Last edited by oldjohnsr; 07-03-2013 at 08:34 AM.

The three ProMags (from Academy) I have for my BT380 get more use at the range than my Bersa mags (which are my carry mags) and they have not given one problem. I also have 3 MecGAr mags because you get an extra round.

You can't too many mags.

I have been more than satisfied with the ProMag mag I bought for use in my Ruger LCP 380. I couldn't tell the difference without reading the logo and the ProMag has the 5 holes in one side straight, not staggered like the Ruger and/or Bersa mags. So far, I'd give the ProMag 7 rd mag I got for my Bersa the same thumbs up. About 50 rds thru it, so far, but it runs fine. For $18 vs $35? I'd go with the ProMag again!!!
    Tony1990 and tnbersa380owner like this.
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast