Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines? - Page 4
Close

Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines?

This is a discussion on Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines? within the Bersa Accessories forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; I try to keep an eye out for new members to give a welcome, but didn't catch an intro, so thought I'd extend a from ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines?

9UC
    I try to keep an eye out for new members to give a welcome, but didn't catch an intro, so thought I'd extend a from the south east coastal plains of Texas from this posting. You'll find that there are quite a few Bersa fans, including me, that are multiple Bersa owners. On my Bersas, 380s and my 9UCs. I'm somewhat old school and only use factory mags. Promag had reputation for failures when I first started carrying. For several years, I have used only the 9rd DLX mags and currently have eight of them. I gave my two 7 round factory mags to my brother to use in his 380 about 4 years ago..
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: VFW, DAV, VSPA, VVA, & NRA

hello everyone just joined. Just received a pro-mag 10+1for my BT 380. I've heard good and bad reviews so here is mine, the mag fits tight, hard to load shells ( might loosen up after few 100 rounds ) extends about 1 7/16" out of the bottom. Haven't been to the range yet, will update later.

After reading several notes on this thread, I decided to purchase a Mec-Gar magazine for my .380. Although it is designated for the Thunder, it works perfectly in my Firestorm. I shot it at the range today with one round, two rounds, seven rounds and eight rounds loaded. In the end, I shot 100 rounds through the mag with zero failures. The-8 round capacity is one more than the Bersa brand magazines. OEM mags from Bersa are $32.00 plus shipping. This magazine cost $24.99 on Ebay with free shipping. Works perfectly + lower price = a very good deal.
    Tony1990 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BersaPistolForum.com
    Advertisements

Don't waste your money. Go for the OEM. Have aftermarket clips. They suck. They jam the weapon and they fall apart if your not careful. Note the base plate on the clip. It's built like crap. Go for the Bersa Product it's much better.

I have the OEM 8 round mag that came with my Bersa 380 Combat and runs fine. I also bought 3 MecGar 8 round mags, 2 run fine but the 3rd will not accept 8 rounds. Well, I can barely get 8 rounds in it but I doubt the slide has enough muscle to put it in the chamber. It's a squeeze to get that 8th round in this particular magazine. I have taken all 3 apart and see no visible difference. I bet it misses by less than a 1/16" from sliding in easily, but I see no way of cutting the spring to shorten it by only that much. I could grind off some of the bottom of the follower, I tried filing it off but that's some tough metal.

For now I have marked it with a silver Sharpie on the bottom plate.

I "fixed" the problem with the MecGar mag. Simply cut about 3/8" off the spring, works fine now and I can all 8rnds in it.

I bought several 13 round mags from galati international for my Bersa 9 UC pro. Pricy but good, and don't have to reload even once in my normal 1/2 hour trips to the range. Average 100 to 150 rounds. Never a problem with them.
    Last edited by Northpaw2; 09-21-2020 at 07:02 AM.
    Benefactor life member-NRA
    Uscca
    Mcgro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234