Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines? - Page 3
Close

Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines?

This is a discussion on Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines? within the Bersa Accessories forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; Originally Posted by Tony1990 The 8rd mags work on my BT380 and Firestorm 380 without any problems at all. My 7rd worked on my BT380CC ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1990 View Post
    The 8rd mags work on my BT380 and Firestorm 380 without any problems at all. My 7rd worked on my BT380CC ( Tried 2 Mags full ) without any prolems but see no sense in carrying a mag with one less bullet. Checked both the 7 & 8rd mags and the only difference I see is that the 8rd mag has an extra view hole in it.

I agree that going a round light when not necessary is silly, but it just goes to show they are able to cross both ways making the mags basically universal...other than the Plus mags of course. I'll probably order some Mec-Gar mags next week to see how they work out, then I can use mag shape to rapidly distinguish what rounds are inside.

I got two Pro Mag 7 round magazines 1 worked as it should the other would jam every time .
    They both looked the same, it didn't look bad in any way. I didn't use a micrometer on it however
    it looked good to the eye. Jammed every time
    Go figure !!!
    I will do my best to protect our way of life
    From all Enemies foreign and domestic

I have not fired mine enough to know. I'm going to the range tomorrow. I did force 8 rounds into two Pro Mags and let them sit for a week or two. I'll see tomorrow what gives and I may have to do the mag stuff on the standard Mag that came with it. We must resolve this. The pistol is a great weapon, but if it doesn't fire when needed, that's no good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BersaPistolForum.com
    Advertisements

Well, I went to the range today and those two Pro Mags failed me again. The standard Bersa Mag, no problem. I put 8 rounds in the Pro Mag and left it about a 10 days. I'm assuming it caused the problem because when I went back to the Bersa Mag, no problem, even after reloading the Bersa Mag and firing again.

Got two new Bersa 7 round Mags today. Went straight to the range with the 3 Bersa Mags and the two Pro mags. The Pro Mags jammed again and the Bersa's performed flawless. The new Mags were for the Thunder CC
    Tony1990 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huston View Post
    Got two new Bersa 7 round Mags today. Went straight to the range with the 3 Bersa Mags and the two Pro mags. The Pro Mags jammed again and the Bersa's performed flawless. The new Mags were for the Thunder CC
    Glad you got your problem resolved. There is nothing worst than getting some time to go to the range with a great gun, plenty of ammo and the darn mags won't work.

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.

My two Pro Mags kept jamming so I picked up two Bersa's and have had no problems.
    Tony1990 likes this.

Nothing but trouble with Promag. Using only Bersa mags. Don't forget 8 round mags are only for BT 380 CC. BT 380 uses 7rounders. My bad experience trying 8 rounders inBT 380. Did not work for me.
    Tony1990 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1960 View Post
    Nothing but trouble with Promag. Using only Bersa mags. Don't forget 8 round mags are only for BT 380 CC. BT 380 uses 7rounders. My bad experience trying 8 rounders inBT 380. Did not work for me.
    Guess I am lucky since the 8 rounds work on both my BT380 and BT380cc. Now my BT380 is an old one, been using it for longer than I can remember so are the mags.

cowboy.gif
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.

I have 2 Bersa Thunder 380's and have 4 factory 7 round mags and 4 7 round Promags and have been to the range about 15 times with both 380's and shot with both brands of mags and had zero problems with either brand. They both performed equally well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast