Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines? - Page 2
Close

Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines?

This is a discussion on Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines? within the Bersa Accessories forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; The two 7rd ProMags I bought for my Thunder 380 have worked fine thus far. The ones I just got for my 380CC seem to ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Experience(s) With non-Bersa OEM Magazines?

The two 7rd ProMags I bought for my Thunder 380 have worked fine thus far. The ones I just got for my 380CC seem to work just as good as the Bersa mags, although I've only fired 100 rounds through each. But anything can happen at any time. My 8rd Bersa and ProMags fit the Thunder 380. The sales person said they wouldn't, but I've read on some forum that they would. Sooooo I tried them, 8rd mags in my 7rd Thunder 380. Not a hiccup or a burp, not once. Have not tried the 7rd mags in the 8rd CC though. Another experiment for another day when I can find ammo!

ProMags for my Beretta 92FS seem to work fine. As do their mags for my S&W 908. Some folks may have had problems in the past or they heard some guy have problems with them... But I personally haven't had one misfire, FTE, FTF with any of my ProMag products. Don't buy them because I bought them. Hell, I'm not tied to them in any way. Ask your range guy and see what they use. Surely for range guns they must use something other than factory magazines!

Keep your powder dry...
    Wagonboss

I forgot to add that all the ProMags I bought had the pinky extension so necessary with our Bersa pistols... and they cost under $25US at Academy in Houston, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by WagonBoss View Post
    I forgot to add that all the ProMags I bought had the pinky extension so necessary with our Bersa pistols... and they cost under $25US at Academy in Houston, Texas.
    I got mine online but they are the same ProMag with extension 7rd mag you describe. The CC version of the Bersa Thunder 380 uses 8rd mags and the 7rd will work. I had one and found it to be so. The "Regular" Bersa Thunder 380 uses 7 rd mag only, no 8s. The Combat and/or another, larger variation uses 7rd (?) and a 15 rd mag, I believe, too.

No problems, so far from my ProMags both for my Bersa AND a Ruger LCP 380 pistol. Seem to be excellent quality for 1/2 the price. (I paid $18)
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    BersaPistolForum.com
    Advertisements

Please list the web site you ordered the Promag magazines from. I may try one.

Thanks

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.

I got the ones for my Bersa AND my Ruger LCP from Palmetto State Armory: Search results for: 'bersa thunder magazine'

Some sold out, some in stock. I also had ordered some other stuff, too, so as to make the shipping more tolerable! Mags by themselves wouldn't be that good of a deal.
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    I got the ones for my Bersa AND my Ruger LCP from Palmetto State Armory: Search results for: 'bersa thunder magazine'

Some sold out, some in stock. I also had ordered some other stuff, too, so as to make the shipping more tolerable! Mags by themselves wouldn't be that good of a deal.
    Thanks. will order 2 mags to check them out, if and when I get some ammo in ( I have ammo just don't have ammo for target shooting) . I have some ammo coming in from the web but locally only 1 box of 50 Winchester JHP in about 15 store visits. Academy and WalMart only a few box's of ammo but no 380's. Cabela's no 380's but a ton of other types of ammo. Yesterday early afternnon they were still stocking ammo. They had 22-32-38-357-45-223 plus rifle ammo even had 30 box's of Zombie ammo but not for 380.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1990 View Post
    Thanks. will order 2 mags to check them out, if and when I get some ammo in
    Check Palmetto State for ammo, too. I find their pricing reasonable if not downright cheap, most times. And they have had ammo (I ordered) a number of times as I needed it recently. Give 'em a shot.
    --Robert
    NRA Life Member

Pro mag magazines

My BT380 hates pro mag magazines. Now using only bersa factory mags.
    Marine1960
    Tony1990 likes this.

The Combat appears to use the same 8-round mag as the CC, no finger grip but the base is enough to get a pinky perched on. The Combat had no changes to the frame from the regular BT380 so Bersa 8-round mags should work in place of the normal 7-round. People on other boards have tested this and found it to be true as well as the Combat and CC running the 7-rounders. I have not verified this myself so take it with a grain of salt.

I also know of several people running the Mec-Gar mags in BT380s with no issues. Company states not for use with BT380CC, who knows why. Could be that they have not test fitted them to the CC and could be that they did test fit them and found then unsuitable. They are 8-round mags with a full pinky rest, I have found them for 23-40 bucks. Some background info, Mec-Gar makes most of their money manufacturing factory mags for other companies. CZ, some Sigs, Walther, S&W and Kel-Tec to name a few. Wilson Combat is the mag brand to have for 1911's, everything else is Mec-Gar's territory.

Firearm Accessories Gun Parts, Shooting Tools and Tactical Gear - Galati International Search Bersa Mec-Gar, Blued: $23.95 Nickel: $25.95 I have never ordered from these guys, they had some controversy surrounding a sticker or patch or something that that was on clearance. Caused a few to boycott the shop. From my understanding, they threw out the whole stock of items and removed it from the site but never gave an explanation. Other than that all searching shows that they are a reputable company and deliver goods at very reasonable prices.

BERSA THUNDER : Greg Cote, LLC Blued: $22.95 Nickel: $23.95 Guy has tons of great feedback across boards for many types of weapons.

The 8rd mags work on my BT380 and Firestorm 380 without any problems at all. My 7rd worked on my BT380CC ( Tried 2 Mags full ) without any prolems but see no sense in carrying a mag with one less bullet. Checked both the 7 & 8rd mags and the only difference I see is that the 8rd mag has an extra view hole in it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast