Close

Super Newbie

This is a discussion on Super Newbie within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the New Member Area / Rules category; Not only am I a newbie to Bersa, but I just bought my first gun EVER. With the way things are in todays world, and ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Catchsumair
  • 1 Post By Tony1990

Thread: Super Newbie

Smile Super Newbie

Not only am I a newbie to Bersa, but I just bought my first gun EVER. With the way things are in todays world, and being very unpredictable, my wife and I decided it was time for home protection. Also, we figured we should get one while we still can, and next month I'm going to get my CC permit. I did a lot of research for a dependable gun on a small budget and Bersa popped up every time. I finally bought my Thunder 380 yesterday. I got it at a gun show and when I saw the price I just couldn't resist. After I made my purchase I discovered it came with a laser, so that makes the deal even better. We took a drive today to a state conservation area with an outdoor range (indoor ranges here in St Joseph,MO are all closed on Sunday) ......a little cold out at 20 degrees but I couldn't resist at least running a couple mags through it . I love this gun. Not to big, plenty of bang, and super smooth action. My wife likes the safety features...lol. Now she wants the 22. I told her maybe santa will bring her one in 11-1/2 months.......
    Tony1990 and gbusmech like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catchsumair View Post
    Not only am I a newbie to Bersa, but I just bought my first gun EVER. With the way things are in todays world, and being very unpredictable, my wife and I decided it was time for home protection. Also, we figured we should get one while we still can, and next month I'm going to get my CC permit. I did a lot of research for a dependable gun on a small budget and Bersa popped up every time. I finally bought my Thunder 380 yesterday. I got it at a gun show and when I saw the price I just couldn't resist. After I made my purchase I discovered it came with a laser, so that makes the deal even better. We took a drive today to a state conservation area with an outdoor range (indoor ranges here in St Joseph,MO are all closed on Sunday) ......a little cold out at 20 degrees but I couldn't resist at least running a couple mags through it . I love this gun. Not to big, plenty of bang, and super smooth action. My wife likes the safety features...lol. Now she wants the 22. I told her maybe santa will bring her one in 11-1/2 months.......
    Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the .380. It's a great smaller gun, very concealable. You might suggest your wife get her CC as well. .380 is not a bad round (I sure wouldn't want to stop one) and recoil is very manageable. It will get smoother as you shoot it more. I wish ammo was a little less costly, but at least it's still available.

Please visit and post often, make some new friends and learn and share information.
    So there I was...

Bud, USMV M/C

Welcome to the Forum from Texas.
    The Bersa 380 is a great little gun and if your wife wants the Bersa 22 that too is a great gun. If you have any questions on Bersa guns this is the place to find the answers. Just don't be afraid to ask.
    Keith4001r likes this.

1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

9UC
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchsumair View Post
    Not only am I a newbie to Bersa, but I just bought my first gun EVER.....
    Welcome from a Texan living in Nevada. You're repeating my story, but seven years earlier. I've also got a Bersa/Firestorm 22lr.