Close

Went to the store to buy a Walther PPK, and came out with this!!!

This is a discussion on Went to the store to buy a Walther PPK, and came out with this!!! within the Bersa Talk forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; I have had two Bersa Thunder 380s over the years, and had excellent luck with both of them. I had one (Interarms) Walther PPK/s, and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have had two Bersa Thunder 380s over the years, and had excellent luck with both of them.

I had one (Interarms) Walther PPK/s, and the little b...... tried to chew my paw off!

One word of advice on the Thunder 380: Neither of mine seemed to be very impressed with Sellier & Belot ammunition. They both ate Magtech and Fiocchi like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurryin' Hoosier View Post
    I have had two Bersa Thunder 380s over the years, and had excellent luck with both of them.

I had one (Interarms) Walther PPK/s, and the little b...... tried to chew my paw off!
    Roger that on the PPK .380 hammer bite! The same gun in .32 ACP, however, is really sweet, but then you only got a .32!
    Eli :mrgreen:

Yeah, my PPK/S will bite me too unless I get a proper grip on it.

:smt1099

Not to derail thread but do the newer longer tanged PPK and /S models (S&W variety I presume) still bite the hand? I had that problem with the standard grip on a Sig P232. Not pleasant. Hogue grip fixed the issue positioning my hand a tad lower in relation to the slide apparently. Not much of a web protecting tang on those P232's. Nice feature about the Bersa.

I can't recall hearing anyone being "bit" by the S&W version with the longer tang. I have never had mine draw blood. I think it addressed the issue pretty well, though many purists feel it takes away from the classic look.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB View Post
    I can't recall hearing anyone being "bit" by the S&W version with the longer tang. I have never had mine draw blood. I think it addressed the issue pretty well, though many purists feel it takes away from the classic look.
    Yeah, well, if the purists want to see a classic look they can look at the classic scar on my d... hand!

[QUOTE=osallent;223816]Went to buy a Walther PPK, walked out with a Bersa Thunder...and I have never heard of Bersa. I have to admit, the lower price almost put me off, since usually cheaper means worse! But the more I held the gun, the more I wanted it, and decided to take a risk.

good choice on the Bersa. i own four of them.

one bit of advise, be sure to use only factory bersa mags. the pro-mags are totally unreliable. they're ok for range use, but i don't trust them for CC.

trailblazer

Carry my Bersa frequently and love it. I do trust it, but it took awhile. Break in was a bear and I almost took it back. Would have too, since the dealer/smith told me it could have break in problems, being one of the newer Bersa Thunder .380s made. By the 5th box of ammo, I was becoming a believer in what he said. My FTFs and FTEs were as follows, for each of the first five boxes of ammo. FTFs/FTEs - (per box) 1-20, 2-12, 3-7, 4-5, 5-3. There have been over 2500 rounds down the tube since box 5 without a failure until today. I tried some new hollow point ammo that was a bit shorter and flatter on the nose of the round (made by Monarch). The Bersa didn't like it at all though it will handle the Monarch FMJ just fine. Went back to my Hornady HPs and all was right in the world.

Enjoy it, find an ammo that is consistant and shoot it lots.

The only reason to buy a ppk over the t380 is if your name is bond, james bond. My son bought his and now there are 4 of them here. They are like rabbits do not store them together. Well as good as they are go ahead.

I had a PPK and after getting bit a few times sold it....bought a Bersa and its a great little pistol, solid and reliable...JJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast