Close

Official: I just bought a Bersa thread

This is a discussion on Official: I just bought a Bersa thread within the Bersa Talk forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; If you picked up a Bersa (or already own one) tell us about it!...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Official: I just bought a Bersa thread

Administrator

Official: I just bought a Bersa thread

If you picked up a Bersa (or already own one) tell us about it!

I was looking for a compact .45 for a CCW and tried out a couple of other brands first but sadly the other ones just didn't work out for me and ended up being traded off. I have had a Bersa thunder Duo-Tone .380 for several years it is a very dependable pistol but in MHO it lacks the knock down of a .45 so while at the LGS one day I spotted the Thunder compact .45 and with my good experience with the .380 I bought the .45. The Thunder .45 is a great carry pistol, a little heaver than some and with a little less mag capacity but I will accept those shortcomings for the dependability.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

My wife has a Thunder .380, great little gun, but as GBUSMECH said, lacking in knockdown power. Besides, that's hers. I bought a 9 UC Pro, that is my EDC. Great gun. I wouldn't call it Ultra Compact, but it is concealable enough. I like the SA/DA action, and am looking at the 45 UC Pro.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith4001r View Post
    My wife has a Thunder .380, great little gun, but as GBUSMECH said, lacking in knockdown power. Besides, that's hers. I bought a 9 UC Pro, that is my EDC. Great gun. I wouldn't call it Ultra Compact, but it is concealable enough. I like the SA/DA action, and am looking at the 45 UC Pro.
    Sounds like another happy camper. For the money they are a great gun.

I just joined your wonderful forum after reading several threads, very good info. I myself Im a winchester collector, just bought #107 all LA 94 and 9422. Decided to buy something to protect all of them and family so looked around and chose a Bersa gold trimmed 380 at cabelas for 309.00. Worth every dime, cleaned it took it to the range, minus the winchesteres. Not one problem, and talk about fun to shoot, and got the accuracy down. I flat love this gun. I had a heart transplant 17 years ago and can't take to much recoil, this gun was perfect, and God bless the SOB who comes looking for my winchesteres. This will be a little easier to pull than a 94. Well God bless all you out there and don't forget to vote. Look forward to new friendships. Thanks (chgofhart).
    gbusmech likes this.

Hey Welcome, Glad to have someone else to talk with. Ain't the trigger nice on that Bersa? Dang I have a target relvover that ain't that good....
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chgofhart View Post
    I just joined your wonderful forum after reading several threads, very good info. I myself Im a winchester collector, just bought #107 all LA 94 and 9422. Decided to buy something to protect all of them and family so looked around and chose a Bersa gold trimmed 380 at cabelas for 309.00. Worth every dime, cleaned it took it to the range, minus the winchesteres. Not one problem, and talk about fun to shoot, and got the accuracy down. I flat love this gun. I had a heart transplant 17 years ago and can't take to much recoil, this gun was perfect, and God bless the SOB who comes looking for my winchesteres. This will be a little easier to pull than a 94. Well God bless all you out there and don't forget to vote. Look forward to new friendships. Thanks (chgofhart).
    Sweet, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site!

NJM
    My wife and I own 3 Bersas together a 22, 380 and 9mm and we are happy with all three of them. Never had a problem. I traded a bersa 380cc for the BP9cc to upgrade the stopping power and at the same time, reduce the cost of ammo, although the cost of ammo was a secondary benefit and not a reason for the upgrade. I am very happy with my decision and the BP9cc will be my EDC. Great sights, smooth light trigger, manageable recoil for a compact and easy to stay on target with minimal muzzle flip. Looking for Kydex IWB holster for it. currently using a glock 27 leather holster, but not the best fit. Hard to reholster when practicing my draw. (The weapon is empty when I practice)

My wife end I both have Bersa Thunder 380s, and we love them. We bought both at the same time from a dealer at a local gun show about two years ago. I picked one up, turned to my wife, and said, "My name's Bond, James Bond." Seriously, it made me feel like the Bond character. I loved the ergonomics and several of the features, including the drop-hammer safety and DA/SA trigger. The first time I let the hammer down on a live round, I almost wet myself. I'm used to it now. I've concealed carried it in the past, and would do so again, It's reliable, accurate, and very easy to conceal. Unlike some "caliber studs", I don't feel under-gunned with it. I believe shot placement is king, and I can hit what I aim at. I don't like the mag disconnect, but I understand it's an easy mod if I want to get rid of it. I'll give it two thumbs up to anyone who asks. I just wish they made a 9mm IN THE SAME FRAME as the .380. However, I DO love the larger 9mm and .40 S&W!
    gbusmech likes this.

Greetings everyone,

I just picked a Bersa Thunder 380 LNIB today in a trade along with a Tagua OWB holster.
    gbusmech likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

bersa 380 cc for sale jacksonville fl
bersa 45 uc pro vs glock 30

bersa bp9cc cabelas

bersa bp9cc mag disconnect mod
bersa dates

bersa official site

bersa thunder 9 uc pro owb holster
bersa thunder 9 ultra compact pro for sale in virginia beach