Close

Official: I just bought a Bersa thread

This is a discussion on Official: I just bought a Bersa thread within the Bersa Talk forums, part of the Bersa Forum category; Originally Posted by hubczar Hello. I just bought a two tone Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra carry 45. I am a big man and heard that ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Official: I just bought a Bersa thread

Quote Originally Posted by hubczar View Post
    Hello. I just bought a two tone Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra carry 45. I am a big man and heard that hammer bight might be an issue. It is and I have a fix. I bought Grip Force Adapters designed for the Glock(their purpose was to put a beaver tail on a Glock pistol using existing pins to attach). Ironically with just some very minor filing of the top of the beaver tail(just enough so the hammer clears when pulled back) you can permanently mount this unit to your Bersa using Gorilla Glue brand Super Glue. I have mine already attached and it fits perfectly! If you add a simple Hogue slip on rubber grip the unit will look factory installed. Hammer bite becomes impossible and the existing grip is barely widened. I'm pretty proud of the gun and my set up. Thanks for the great forum.
    I would like to welcome you to the forum and thank you for the great post....
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Hello all. New to the forum and new to Bersa. I have been researching various 9mm compacts over the past couple of years, while saving my pennies. I had heard of the Bersa name, of course, but generally in connection with the Thunder .380. Anyway, after going back and forth and leaning toward a different make/model every other month, I was fairly set on the Beretta PX4 Storm.
    Until... I started looking at the Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro. Everything I was looking for, at a good price, and a reputation for reliability.
    So anyway, to make a short story long, I had to hit 5 different gun shops before I found one. I had almost given up and had begun thinking of settling for second best when I finally found one and brought her home. I hope to get to the range this weekend with what will, no doubt, be my new EDC.
    gbusmech likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rksap View Post
    Hello all. New to the forum and new to Bersa. I have been researching various 9mm compacts over the past couple of years, while saving my pennies. I had heard of the Bersa name, of course, but generally in connection with the Thunder .380. Anyway, after going back and forth and leaning toward a different make/model every other month, I was fairly set on the Beretta PX4 Storm.
    Until... I started looking at the Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro. Everything I was looking for, at a good price, and a reputation for reliability.
    So anyway, to make a short story long, I had to hit 5 different gun shops before I found one. I had almost given up and had begun thinking of settling for second best when I finally found one and brought her home. I hope to get to the range this weekend with what will, no doubt, be my new EDC.
    rksap, welcome! I have the Pro 9 UC and it is my every day carry gun. 13+1 and it's a great gun to shoot. I don't think you'll be sorry for waiting until you found your 9 UC. Please post a range report and there is a Pics thread, be sure to hit that as well.
    So there I was...

Bud, USMV M/C

Quote Originally Posted by Keith4001r View Post
    rksap, welcome! I have the Pro 9 UC and it is my every day carry gun. 13+1 and it's a great gun to shoot. I don't think you'll be sorry for waiting until you found your 9 UC. Please post a range report and there is a Pics thread, be sure to hit that as well.
    Thanks. With any luck I'll get a little range time tomorrow. I'll be sure to post my thoughts.

Well, I made it to the range this afternoon. Had to wait a bit for an opening, as a lot of folks were taking advantage of the warm weather, but I was able to run a hundred or so rounds through my new 9 UC Pro. Mostly FMJ but also a few of my chosen carry round, Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr, just to make sure they would feed and fire correctly. I would have liked to have run more of the Hornady through, but I only had one box with me and the darn stuff is too expensive. No failures to feed or eject. Accuracy was fairly good at 15 and 25 yards (considering the limitations of yours truly). Comfortable in the hand and hardly any felt recoil. One of the smoothest firing handguns I have shot. Overall I am very pleased with it and it will absolutely be my every day carry weapon, along with my Ruger LCP, which never leaves my pocket.
    Keith4001r and gbusmech like this.

Well, I made it to the range this afternoon. Had to wait a bit for an opening, as a lot of folks were taking advantage of the warm weather, but I was able to run a hundred or so rounds through my new 9 UC Pro. Mostly FMJ but also a few of my chosen carry round, Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr, just to make sure they would feed and fire correctly. I would have liked to have run more of the Hornady through, but I only had one box with me and the darn stuff is too expensive. No failures to feed or eject. Accuracy was fairly good at 15 and 25 yards (considering the limitations of yours truly). Comfortable in the hand and hardly any felt recoil. One of the smoothest firing handguns I have shot. Overall I am very pleased with it and it will absolutely be my every day carry weapon, along with my Ruger LCP, which never leaves my pocket.
    Well that is a good deal. Wait until you've sent a couple hundred more rounds out the business end, it will smooth up even more.
    So there I was...

Bud, USMV M/C

1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy shooting your Bersa as much as I do, see ya at the range....
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

I love the Bersa trigger.....smooth....fired mine for the first time today.

Quote Originally Posted by Catchsumair View Post
    I love the Bersa trigger.....smooth....fired mine for the first time today.
    Yup, Bersa's do have one of the best triggers around, I have stuff that costs three times more than my Bersa's that don't have nearly as nice a pull to it....

I've looked everywhere to get my hands on a Bersa Thunder 380 and the LGS who could get one a few days ago was showing no stock at his distributor today. I told him to just order one and call me when it comes in. He asked what color I wanted and I told him I didn't care. The only color I want is "mine". I'll post progress. I'm dying to shoot one of these little beauties.
    Tony1990 likes this.
    Mess with my First Amendment rights and get a quick lesson in my Second Amendment rights ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

bersa 380 cc for sale jacksonville fl
bersa 45 uc pro vs glock 30

bersa bp9cc cabelas

bersa bp9cc mag disconnect mod
bersa dates

bersa official site

bersa thunder 9 uc pro owb holster
bersa thunder 9 ultra compact pro for sale in virginia beach